Welcome to Cabo San Lucas Real Estate Sign in | Help

Cabo San Lucas Blog

This blog discusses Los Cabos real estate and other important news and happenings in Cabo.

Tags

Montage Hotel in Cabo San Lucas Where Twin Dolphins Used to Be

Where there used to be the Twin Dolphins Hotels now stands a new hotel site for the Montage.  Montage Hotels and Resorts, which has built luxury residential communities and homes in Laguna Beach and Beverly Hills, has now moved in Cabo San Lucas.  The popular site of beautiful swimming and snorkeling is soon to be the site for another 5 star hotel.

The once staple Hotel is now a set of dirt platforms.  The construction is underway and locals are eager to find out how yet another hotel here in Cabo will affect their beloved beaches.  Twin Dolphins beach is still accessible and used by the public so don't worry it will continue to be so.  At this time it is unknown when the completion date is of the project but I would suspect by end of 2009 there would be significant progress accomplished to the project.

Posted: Wednesday, July 2, 2008 6:09 AM by Nick Fong

Comments

Manuel Molina said:

I haven't found much information on this. Guess Montage is keeping it low for now.

Nice blog Nick!

# July 14, 2008 12:17 PM

Will MissIt said:

Very sad news for me.  Twin Dolphins was a really special place..truly sublime.

# March 15, 2009 1:49 AM

Cabo Hotels said:

Sounds like Twin Dolphins was a nice place, I wonder how the new hotel will turn out. It's too bad that the smaller Cabo hotel had to go!

# April 10, 2009 1:13 PM

Anthony Montana said:

The Entire Montage Collection is closing....chapter 11 specially Beverly Hills Property... Very badly managed and bad decor.

# June 4, 2009 7:40 AM

Tom Snow said:

I was a frequent visitor to the Twin. Since the early 80's. Best hotel/resort I've ever been to. Great memories. An understated, (unlike the newer hotels with golf courses, celebrity chef restaurants etc.) and beautiful design that fit in comfortably with its natural surroundings. Very sad to see it disappear. End of an era. Thanks to all the Twin Dolphin staff and families that made it such a special place.

# June 22, 2009 9:21 PM

lisa said:

my husband and i loved the twin dolphin

had the feel of your own private vacation home with staff

oh the michaladas (spelling) lime pacifico salt on the rim

the bartenders chico and robert the 4pm guacamole rolling out

and the constant smell of fresh smoked apple sugar bacon

what a great place i hope the new hotel owners keep the classic history in mind

lisa phillips

# July 19, 2009 6:58 PM

marie said:

Twin Dolphins was our most favorite place to stay in Mexico.  The staff felt like family.  Once we got there, we didn't leave the property until it was time to go back to the airport.  Our last visit was a very sad one, when we heard it was closing to make room for another over priced resort.

# April 7, 2010 12:14 PM

Chris said:

well as far as the chapter 11 comment, untrue. Having been to the montage this year, and it is 2010, late august, i will say that i have been to many other less successful or more desirable places for me and my family to visit.

The Beverly Hills location is a new hotel and has accomplished meeting all of our expectations as well as the Laguna Beach location, I feel like part of the family every time me and my family arrive, and the staff is warm and welcoming!

I cannot wait to see the the location go underway in Los Cabo's, not to say that we haven't frequented Twin Dolphins, which we have, and see what this amazing chain has in store for me and my family!

I have experienced the same as marie as we rarely ever leave the resort property whenever we visit for vacation. It is a perfect place to get away and to become totally relaxed.

I cannot wait to see what this company has in store for this new location!!!!!

# August 23, 2010 11:56 PM

Frank Lee said:

Bad information, passionately defended, is one of my pet peeves, Chris.

The comments after Nick's and before yours (except for Anthony's, of course), were/are about a single hotel that was named the Twin Dolphin.

One hotel, one location, a unique experience.  Not one of another mindlessly duplicated chain of hotels.

Unique.  One of a kind.

Tom Snow says it well: "Best hotel/resort I've ever been to."

The following does, as well: "Hotel Twin Dolphin, Cabo San Lucas' most luxurious hotel is located on a secluded beach adjacent to beautiful Santa Maria Bay. Accommodations are 13 cabanas, which total 44 deluxe rooms and 6 suites - more like private villas than a hotel. Superb cuisine and gracious accommodations are a Twin Dolphin Credo."

As does: "Exclusive resort hotel on beach with modern casitas of 3-6 rooms set on 135 acres of ecologically-conscious surroundings."

So, those who read this in the future, just think of Roseanne Roseannadanna's ending for her idiotic rants and raves on SNL: "NevERmind..."  And apply it to Chris's comments above.

They're as close as possible to hotelheresy!!

# October 11, 2010 12:28 PM